Saturday, January 21, 2012

Red Tails Trailer: Courage




I just left the Men's Fellowship with Macedonia where we grabbed our young men of the church and tried to start a monthly fellowship with them where we go out, eat, talk, share, watch a game, see a movie but more importantly give our time and our presence to them.

I recognize that is is not often when Hollywood will show a movie depicting African-American men in a positive light. Before anyone sends me an email or calls me to tell me I am becoming too sensitive, just think about it and you will see, there aren't many examples of a positive African-American man shining forth from the Big Screen. Pimps, murderers, robbers, rapists, crooks abusive husbands, dead-beat dads, those are abundant but surely that isn't the sum total of the Black experience for men.

I would recommend everyone regardless of race or gender go see this movie. I was amazed how many of our young people knew very little about The Tuskegee Airmen. This movie left our men's group with a lot to talk about over the weeks to come. Some I hope to share on this blog.

No comments: