Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Nine years old, Happy Birthday Rachael







Happy Birthday Rachael! I can't believe you are nine years old.?! What happened? I have been trying hard to keep you little but you refuse to do it. I guess I should have seen it coming as you were always in a hurry. Nosy from day one, head moving trying to see everything, walking too early, running off at the mouth even when words were not formed yet but Rachael is telling all the business. My pretty girl is nine years old.
There are many things I want to tell you but Daddy is a cry baby and I have been trying and retyping this for a week now because I keep crying as I remember the first time I held you, saw your eyes, held your hand, watched you give your life to the Lord, baptized you... I love you so much.
For some reason, this is harder for me than in years past so in order for me to make it through this blog, I am turning back to what has kept me all these years. I know I tell you Daddy can do anything, Daddy's are supermen and invincible but that is not true. I am still just as scared today I may mess up as I was the first time your mother left me alone with you while she ran to the store. Your eyes were big and mine were bigger.
There will be times as you grow up that you won't know what to do but God left us a promise that says, "I Can Do ALL Things Through Christ Which Strengthens Me"
The World will tell you that YOU CAN'T, That is called Pessimism!
What does that mean? It is a negative spirit or outlook, someone always telling you that you can't do this or you won't do that. You may hear that from a teacher, a church member, even a family member but there is nothing you can not do. You can graduate from High school, You can attend college, you can and will go to Georgetown(ok my dream) you can be successful. You can wait until marriage to have children, you can live drug-free, NEVER LET ANYONE TELL YOU WHAT YOU CAN'T DO!
This is the language of I CAN--That is called Optimism
I am scared all the time but I still say I can. The first time I sat down with you and we practiced braiding hair on the bratz dolls I said I can't learn this, but you said Daddy you can do all things... and I learned. Its funny how many church people bother you on Sunday and say. Who did your hair, it's so cute, and you say, MY DADDY, I TAUGHT HIM. I wasn't good in Texas with hair but I didn't give up and I became better. NEVER GIVE UP. Things may not always come easy or on your first try but NEVER GIVE UP, always tell yourself I CAN.
To prevent you from becoming arrogant, you need a Mechanism--Through Christ.
Optimism without a Mechanism is nothing more than wishful thinking. You need help. Rachael, Jesus is your help. By yourself you can do nothing, through Christ you can do anything. Through Christ, HE gives you strength. That means Jesus imparts, infuses strength into you daily, especially for your weak moments.
I know age 9 seemed so traumatic for you. We will laugh later because 16, 18, 21, 30, 40, they are all coming and it will be hard, but God has given you a way to make it, it is THROUGH CHRIST JESUS, HE IS YOUR MECHANISM. Use Him, Trust Him, Love Him, Rely on Him.
I love you, Rachael Simone, forgive me in advance for the tears, lol
Daddy



1 comment:

Ronald said...

Hang in there proud poppa…etc. Moreover, let me say Happy Birthday to your precious daughter.

Cali,

Ron