Thursday, May 5, 2011

A back to Work Thank you

Today is my first full day back in the swing of things, office appointments, hospital visits, planning and preparing for Sunday School and Sunday morning, but I want to take this time to thank some people.

Let me say Thank you first of all to Pastor E.J. Tyson for inviting me to be his guest evangelist for the 67th annual Simultaneous revival services of Oklahoma City. His hospitality was amazing and the mentoring and imparting of vision that he gave to me during this time is more than I could have asked or imagined.

Thank you to the New Hope Baptist Church family which went out of their way to meet all of my needs. Thank you to their Hospitality Committee for the welcome basket, their Youth ministry for the gifts given to my girls and to the Culinary Committee which made sure I had food to eat. May God Bless you.

Thank you to the officers and members of the Baptist Ministers Association of Oklahoma City and to my adopted "Pop" in the ministry, Rev. Dr. J.A. Reed Jr., for allowing me to be on the slate of preachers who preached the noon-day and Late-night revival services. Dr. Reed put me at ease on Tuesday when Pastor Tyson was introducing me. During the introduction when Pastor Tyson was making me sound better than I am, he leaned over and said, yeah all that may be true but he was still a bad child growing up. It is good that people knew you when, good and bad, and still acknowledge what the Lord is doing now in your life.

Let me say thank you to all of the Greater Mount Olive members that I saw during the week from Tuesday until Friday. Always good seeing the people that have prayed for you during this adventure.

Let me thank the Macedonia church family for being so understanding. Sometimes it is necessary for a Pastor to get away and recharge his batteries. Let me thank our chairman, Deacon Calvin Manns and our Finance chairman, Deacon Luther Taylor for carrying on with the business of the church. Also, let me thank Deacon Kevin Howard and Deacon John Williams who serve as the administrative arms of the Pastor for keeping fires to a small burn until I could get back.

So much to do, so little time but I am grateful to so many people. No man is an island and no man stands alone. Let this thank you serve as my sincere appreciation to so many people. I love and thank God for you constantly.

Owens

No comments: