Monday, January 17, 2011

2011 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., Celebration


I am writing this blog to thank the wonderful people of the Saint Joseph Regional Medical Center Mishawaka Campus for allowing the Macedonia Church family to participate in their 2011 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Celebration "Journey to Excellence Program".
I want to thank Mr. Aaron Austin, who is the Chief Human Resource Officer and Executive Vice President of Support Services for allowing our church to partner with Saint Joseph to make this program a success.
I also want to thank God for members of our church whose dedication to the ministry help to Make Macedonia what God wants it to be. We were blessed on last year to add to our membership the Rice family. Mr. and Mrs. Robin Rice have been a God-send to our church. Mr. Robin Rice serves as the Director of Environmental Services (EVS). I am honored and overwhelmed that he loves Christ and his church so much that he choose to make a spot for us on this program.
I also want to thank God for a faithful Deacon, an honest Finance Manager and an incredible man in the person of Deacon Luther Taylor. Words can not express how much the Taylor family means to me personally and Pastorally. Luther Taylor has served as the FIRST Black Fire Chief in South Bend, Indiana. He also served as the Director of St. Joseph County Emergency Management Agency. Currently, he serves as the Director of Emergency Preparedness for the Saint Joseph Regional Medical Center.
With all of these accolades, the best one-word description for Deacon Taylor would be SERVANT. He is a humble man with a non-assuming spirit and I am honored he is a member of the Macedonia Family.
I also would like to thank our Minister of Music, Brother Javon Lewis and the Praise Team for filling the corridors of the hospital with Praise and Inspiration. We never know who we are ministering to so we can not be afraid of the doors God opens for us. Our ministry is larger than 1862 N. Olive Street. I am proud of you for living out our Motto: WE ARE MACEDONIA AND WE ARE CALLED TO HELP SOMEBODY.
Finally, I want to thank the members and Deacons who came out today and supported your church family. I am so proud that God has given me the privilege of being your Pastor. I pray that you will continue to follow me as I follow what God has for me.
Owens

No comments: