Sunday, January 2, 2011

I am Praying for You

I am praying for you! I am used to praying for people in their bad situations and I am also used to praying with people in their good as we give thanks to God for new cars, homes, jobs etc but this is new territory for me, just praying for people, JUST BECAUSE. Well you are a pastor, you are supposed to do this?! OK! Let me be the first to admit, I have not always done this.

Two things happened to me. Some of the greatest things happen in my life when I am not looking for them. Sometimes we are so busy trying to MAKE something happen, we just don't allow God to move in His time. I was studying for another assignment, another blessing and God gave me this one.

He laid an individual on my heart of whom I will not say. The person is not a member of
my church and I shouldn't have any reason to be connected to them, except I felt their pain. No, Not the Bill Clinton presidential line, "I Feel your Pain" but an actual connection that moved and motivated me to pray for their situation.

While praying for this, I saw my church. I saw Bethlehem, New Peter's Rock, Greater St. John, Carmel, I saw churches and Pastors in other cities, some I work with, some I blog with and follow their words and I was pushed, shoved, forcibly moved to pray this prayer.

While studying for a series of sermons on the Anatomy of a Healthy Church, I was in Colossians 1 working on "Who's the Boss" 1:18, as usual to go forward in a sermon, I move backwards so I was reading Paul's prayer for the church at Colossae and was moved. THIS IS THE PRAYER I SHOULD BE PRAYING DAILY FOR EVERYONE., so this is my prayer for you.

I am praying that God will ALLOW YOU TO SEE BETTER IN 2011.
For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; (Colossians 1:9 KJV)


This year I pray you see God's Will better for your life! More clearly, and that can be discovered by spending time in His Word. We don't have to walk around aimlessly, unsure of what steps we should take, His Word shows us.

Uncertainty is like the fog in our lives. As I was driving back home from OKC after seeing the girls, I encountered warm weather but at night, the warm weather while melting the snow on the ground caused huge fog bands that made visibility almost impossible. I prayed that God would give me safe passage. I slowed down almost to a crawl on the highway but as soon as the fog appeared, it seemed to miraculously disappear. It was just a valley where the fog could accumulate, but once I was out of the valley, God gave me clear sailing.

When God changes your perception problems don't seem as big, mountains don't seem as high, burdens don't seem as heavy because you can see things better. This type of living is found in the Word of God.

I am praying that God will allow you to ABOUND IN PROSPERITY IN 2011.
That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God; (Colossians 1:10 KJV)

Paul's prayer for prosperity was to manifest in two areas, our Walk and our Work, not our Wallet. I am not praying for God to allow you to win the Mega Millions lottery jackpot. God can't trust you with 290 dollars why would He trust you with 290 Million. I pray that God individually and collectively produces in us a fruit He can be proud of. One that looks like HIM, Smells like HIM, Tastes like HIM.


I pray that God will ACTIVATE HIS STRENGTH IN YOUR LIVES.

Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness; (Colossians 1:11 KJV)

I am praying that God will give you Power, Not manpower or willpower, but God's power. With God's power, I believe the best is yet to come. We haven't even scratched the surface yet.

I end by how lately I have been ending church,
I pray for You
You pray for me
Watch God changes things

Owens




2 comments:

SAM Owens said...

Thank you ,Pastor Owens and Happy New Year.

SamanthaOwens said...

What an amazing, overtaking,unbelievable breakthrough.In my wildest dreams,I never,ever thought that this kind of blessing would come into my life.Iam stunned,flabbergasted,and bug-eyed.This blessing is beyond my human and even spiritual expectation.You are the rewarder of those who diligently seek You.You are able to do more than what we ask or think in our prayers to You.You are true to those who wait for you.I will not allow this blessing to distract me from my commitment to love,honor,and obey You.Please give me the wisdom to handle this blessing and not abuse Your grace and favor towards me.I will bring structure and order to my life so that I can manage the treasures that You have entrusted in my possession.Thank You,Lord,for the discipline needed to care for Your investment.