Sunday, November 7, 2010

Extra Strength

I hope and pray that everyone had a blessed time in church on yesterday where you received a Word from God that helped glorify and edify God for the living out of these days here on earth.

Church was great, I feel like I could have done better (I always feel like that anyway but today more than normal). I have been studying getting reading to preach on the armor of God, I have been blowing past and running every red light God gave me on, last night I stopped at the light. VS. 10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

It hit me last night through a personal attack I was encountering. It doesn't matter what you have ON YOU, if you don't have the right thing IN YOU. VS 10 is God putting in us what we need so we can know in 11-17 how to use what we have on us. We talked about today, The Source of our Strength, The Scope of Our Strength, The Security of our Strength. The source is IN THE LORD, The scope is His power which is the same power in us that was used to raise Christ from the dead (Kratos) and the Security is found in his Might.

I think I sucked today but at the end of the presentation if God is pleased, then that's all that matters. I do feel I connected with some people like me who needed some "EXTRA STRENGTH". How about you? Have you ever had a day where you needed a little extra kick? Push? Boost? Have you ever had a day where it seemed as if you were a step short, slower than normal and you needed some "EXTRA". Paul knew that day was coming so he reminds us what God did for us.

I want to draw your attention to the word "strong" in Ephesians 6:10. It is the Greek word endunamao, a compound of the words en and dunamis. The word en means in. The word dunamis means explosive strength, ability, and power. It's where we get the word dynamite.
Thus, this word endunamao presents the picture of an explosive power that is being deposited into some type of container, vessel, or other form of receptacle. The very nature of this word endunamao means that there necessarily must be some type of receiver for this power to be deposited into.

This is where we come into the picture! We are specially designed by God to be the receptacles of divine power. When Paul tells us to be strong in the Lord, he is essentially saying, "Receive a supernatural, strengthening, internal deposit of power into your inner man." God is the Giver, and we are the receptacles into which this power is to be deposited.

Paul knew you and I would desperately need supernatural power in order to successfully combat the attacks the enemy would bring against us. That's why he urges us to open our spirits, souls, and bodies to God so we can receive this supernatural strength.

Ephesians 6:10 could be translated to mean:
"... Be infused with supernatural strength and ability...."
"... Be empowered with this special touch of God's strength...."
"... Receive this inner strengthening...."

God wants you and me to have this supernatural strength and ability! We are the special receptacles or containers He created to possess this phenomenal power.

God gives us EXTRA STRENGTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Owens

1 comment:

SAMANTHA OWENS said...

I HAVE BEEN GOING THROUGH SO MUCH IN THE YEAR.I LOST MY FATHER AFTER A VERY VERY BAD ARGUEMENT AND IT GOT TO THE POINT WHERE I TOLD MY FATHER THAT HE WAS NOT MY FATHER.MY FATHER DIED AND I NEVER GOT TO TELL HIM I'M SORRY AND HOW MUCH I REALLY LOVE HIM.MY FATHER WAS A GREAT MAN AND DID EVERYTHING FOR ME SO I GUESS U CAN SAY HE SPOILED ME AND AFTER ALL THE LOVE AND CARE HE GAVE AND SHOWED ME I COULD TREAT HIM THAT WAY.SO NOW I FEEL LIKE TROUBLE IS FOLLOWING ME EVERYWHERE I GO AND I PRAY ALL THE TIME.FROM FIGHTING,TO HAVE TO PAY OTHER PEOPLE HOSPITAL BILL,TO COURT,TO ANGERMANGEMENT.I HAVE GOT TO THE POINT WHERE I FEEL LIKE HOW MUCH MORE CAN I TAKE.WHEN IS THIS GOING TO END WILL I EVER GET THE "EXTRA STRENGTH"THAT U TALK ABOUT. IF I COULD I WOULD TAKE IT ALL BACK EVERY BAD WORD I EVER SAID EVERY THING I EVER DONE. MY HEART IS HEAVY AND MY SOUL CAN'T TAKE NO MORE. I'M NO LONGER KNOCKING I'M BANGING ON GOD'S DOOR. I PRAY THAT HE ANSWER AND LET ME COME IN
WHO AM I
GOD'S DAUGHTER
JESUS'S SISTER
&A MEMBER OF MACEDONIA