Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Safely Back Home

We made it home safely, PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!!!!!! I drove the girls to see their mom last week on Monday, drove back Tuesday so I could make Bible Study Wednesday. Round trip that was about 1700 miles and 26 hours on the road, but the grace of God allowed safe passage. Thursday, I had to drive to Fort Wayne for a District Board meeting so that was another 90 miles on the road one way. Saturday. I had to go to Gary for a State Planning session, but Gary is just down the street so that's just an hour away.

Monday morning I flew back to the city to get the girls and today by the grace of God and the wonderful people at Southwest Airlines, a proud papa took home his three beautiful girls. Let me say, if I didn't understand the power of God, fly through Midway Airport in Chicago with a 8, 6, and 5 year old (all girls even) while carrying two bags almost 50 lbs a piece, all the while having them fight about who daddy picks up first, GREAT TIMES!!!!!! God is good and He does give strength.

Pray for us as tomorrow is our church calendar planning meeting for 2010 and Sunday is our 84th Church Anniversary services. Somewhere we will rest, just don't know where yet.

2 comments:

Ms Cynthia said...

Wow! Wow! I got tried just reading all that you did. Pastor get some sleep(smile). Glad that your girls are home.

Rev. Barney said...

I pray for your strength my friend and brother. It's great to know that you have a heart for your children and the church. I will be praying for your calendar planning session I know how that can be, I have one coming up next month.