Monday, October 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Raven




October 27th, 2004, God gave me a very special present. I had already been blessed with two angels in Rachael Simone and LaBraia Simone but God decided I needed another angel so he gave me a little girl named Raven Elisabeth Simone Owens.

Raven is my baby girl and she knows and acts like it. She is a diva and wears the title well. I love you Raven with my whole heart and it will be my joy to one day see you accept Jesus as your personal savior. Every time you hug and kiss me and say I love you daddy, I melt more and more. The Lord has a sense of humor and since Rachael was the perfect blend of two parents and I marked LaBraia up, so your mom marked you up.

In spite of all the rumors and gossip, no woman will ever get close to the Pastor because Raven stands guard every church service at my leg looking up as to suggest, he is taken, MOVE ON. My relationship with you is different than your sisters. I love you equally but differently. As you get older and ask the "WHY QUESTIONS" that I asked my parents about their divorce, I want you to know that it wasn't your fault.

You came from love, the love of God which looks beyond our faults and sees our need. You weren't an accident or a mistake, you were and still are a gift from God. I love you Baby girl. Have fun with you mom and I will see you in a week when we fly back home. Happy Birthday Angel,
Daddy



3 comments:

Pastor A. A. McGhee said...

Happy Birthday Raven!!! Enjoy.

Elderbc2 said...

Doc, it is evident that you are grateful to the Lord for the gift of your children. You are a shining example to men in general and brothers in particular of what a father should be. Thank God for you and may He give you and your girls many more years together.

BTW - Don't be that father that is always chasing away all of the fellas even when your daughters are 30, LOL! I think I want that role all to myself.

Anonymous said...

Ray... my prayer time for you just increased by an hour.....

You have a beautiful family. May God grant you wisdom to guide your tribe for His honor and Glory.

Tony R.