Sunday, February 2, 2014

Monday Morning Quarterback 2/2/14 Texas Edition

It's 34 degrees here in Fort Worth Texas and people are complaining its cold, meanwhile it is the teens in South Bend where another 4 to 7 inches fell last night raising our snow total year to date to 80.9 inches of snow and the report I received was church was packed, lives were changed, money was good, To God be the glory!!!!


Special thanks to the assistant to the Pastor, Reverend Derick Buggs who is in training for ordination for carrying on services today. I didn't want to miss a service so soon in the new year but I had to eulogize my mentor Reverend Aaron A. Jackson Jr, Pastor of the Forest Hill MBC in Fort Worth, TX.


I have always said, Pastor A. Glenn Woodberry and the Greater Mount Olive BC gave me birth but it was Forest Hill MBC and Dr. Aaron A. Jackson, Jr that gave me life.


It was good to see many people who still love me and pray for me and yes I am 60 lbs bigger than when I left. (at least) Why is that a bad thing? That just means Macedonia MBC has been taking care of their Pastor. That is what you prayed for, right ?!


While the service was going on, I realized I have no more senior pastors left in my life except, Dr. J.A. Reed Jr. Please pray for his wife Sis Pat Reed and the entire family as well as the Fairview MBC of OKC.


Also, Please pray for the Forest Hill MBC family and the Jackson family as they deal with this loss. God is able. Again, thank you to the Jackson family for allowing me to stand.


Good to see Dr. Rickie G. Rush, Pastor of the Inspiring Body of Christ Church (IBOC) in Dallas, TX again. Great job officiating, I learned much.


It was wonderful to be around the legendary Dr L R. Drinkwater Sr., Pastor of the Redeemed MBC in OKC. Truly, he has forgotten more than I ever will learn. Don't ever try and tell him he only has two minutes to talk, LOL


Special thanks to Pastor Jack A Crane and Pastor James Worthy of the True Vine MBC of Fort Worth, TX and City of Refuge Baptist Church of Fort Worth, TX for all of their hospitality that was shown to me. It will be my honor to return the favor when you travel to South Bend. Ministers who make room for a visiting member to preach simply off a eulogy are special brothers. Glad to see the fraternity of fellowship among Pastors still exist.


My apologies to my church family but God is in control. The airports to Midway and South Bend Regional shut down Saturday due to snow and planes were cancelled here in Dallas Fort Worth this morning due to freezing rain and ice. So glad, I had some where to worship.


With a 7:30 and 10:30 preaching service behind me, I am ready to go eat at Pappadeaux Seafood. GLORY!!!!!!!!!


I hate I am missing the legendary Super Bowl party with my Pastor and friend Dr. Keith D. Witherspoon.


I want the Broncos to win today as I am going with Peyton Manning. I just feel he is a class act who still isn't recognized like he should be. Manning isn't liked in South Bend due to most South Bend fans are more Bears fans than Colts fans. Either way, I'm cheering Broncos.


Love the Seahawks but I feel you must suffer before you reign. They haven't suffered yet, to me.


Praying for open airports and safe flights back home.

No comments: