Saturday, February 20, 2010

"In Memory of Her"


Please pray for me as I will be praying for you as this has been a hard week physically, emotionally and spiritually for me. On Tuesday, we had the funeral services for Sister Rose Ann Bond who had just recently come back to Macedonia and was excited about her return. She is the niece of one of our mothers in the church Mother Fannie Martin, who takes care of me when she should be taking care of herself. She is a jewel and gem of this church and the Macedonia Church Family will be praying with her and Sis. Amanda in this time of loss.
On Saturday, we had the funeral services for one of Macedonia's dear mothers, Mother Carrie Belle Jenkins. This was a hard funeral as Mother had become close to me and my children. She would cook all of the meals on Monday nights for our youth department. She also was the facilitator for our Wednesday Noonday Bible Study ensuring that our seniors would be ministered to. She gave her tenor voice to the choir singing with everything she had to the glory of God.
I am soliciting your prayers for the 4 daughters, one son, 39 grand children, 67 great-grand children and 6 great-great grandchildren as well as the entire Macedonia Church family.
Churches in their haste to become the next big and great thing forget about the elderly or the seniors who helped pave the way for the church. We chase this demographic or this age group but we must love the WHOLE CHURCH. We shared from Matthew 26:6-13 and used as our text the last four words in verse 13, "In Memory of Her".
This woman did what Mother Jenkins did. She Gave God:
I. The Best She Had vs 7a
II.All She Had vs. vs 7b
Please pray for both of these families as well as myself as the schedule does not get lighter but God keeps granting favor and strength for the journey.
Let me also thank Pastor Anthony Pettus, who pastors the Progressive Baptist Church in Fort Wayne, Indiana and who is the former Pastor of Macedonia for helping us share in this service. I tried to defer to him but he blesses me as he always does by simply reminding me, Owens, you are the Pastor of Macedonia, I am here to help. His Power, prayers and presence made it easier because my hurt was shared! May God continue to bless him, his family and his church.
Owens

2 comments:

Rev. Barney said...

My brother you and your church family have the prayers of the Lewis family. We pray God's strength is your when you think you need it least.

Ronald said...

Praying for you and your entire congregation.

Praying
Ron