Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Discussion about Music



We have been discussing music at our Vacation Bible School 2009 at Macedonia this week. This video was sent to me and will serve as a discussion point tomorrow for class. For Macedonia purposes and for people who do not know my philosophy on issues like this, I am striving to be an Acts 5 preacher: Let them Alone, If the plan is of man, it will fail, if it is of God, it will succeed because you won't be able to over throw it, so either way Let it alone and leave it to God. I look forward to our discussion.

Owens

6 comments:

Ronald said...

Please post the outcome and high lights of your fruitful conversation.

Inquiring minds want to know,

Ronald

Rev. Barney said...

This topic can shake up some paradigms. Can't wait for the results.

Pastor Lance A. Mann said...

Dr. Owens, I too am eagerly awaiting the results of your conversation. It will be a blessing to the entire Body of Christ!

Lance

Unknown said...

My....what kind of spin can one put on this to make it fly in the church?

Interesting....very interesting..

Waiting to hear the outcome of this discussion.

Tony R.

Pastor Kraig L. Pullam said...

I am waiting to hear the outcome as the other brothers are as well.

I do believe I've seen this clip...with the use of modern song choices to make his point.

I don't want to express my view until I hear all discussions.

Will say this - I can both see how this would appeal to some and also how it will repel others. It may all depend upon who you're trying to reach...I guess.

Unknown said...

Hey Pastor thanks for your words of encouragement. Man it really means a lot. Just know that I am praying for you also as you do your work.

Thanks Ray.

Tony R.