Monday, April 23, 2012

University of Notre Dame Chapel Program 2012

Let me take this time to extend my sincere thanks and appreciation to Head Football Coach Brian Kelly; Ernest T. Jones, Director of Player Development and Engagement, Andre Gammage, Managing partner in the Law Firm of Berger&Gammage, Macedonia Trustee and member and soon to be next Probate Court Judge of St. Joseph County and the entire Notre Dame Athletic Department for choosing me to be one of the participants of the Fighting Irish Football Chapel program for 2012.

I was selected for the October 13th game vs. Stanford. I thank the above people for thinking enough of me to put my name in front of the selection committee, Chapel service is an opportunity to affirm and support the dedication and efforts of these young people so that all they do will glorify God and bring success to the team.

I know I believe in grace and mercy because candidates were chosen based on being a personal example of an on-going Christian walk and professional integrity that will have an impact on these athletes as well as a sincere, honest and upfront approach in bringing the gospel message to these student/athletes in a manner that they will understand and appreciate.

I thank the Macedonia Church Family for working with me as God is developing me into the type of vessel he can use. I guess I need to start thinking about what I would say to these student athletes. I am humbled by the opportunity and challenged to live up to the expectations of God for such a time as this.

Owens

2 comments:

Sister C said...

Rev. Owens,
This is quite an honor!

















Rev. Owens,
This is quite an honor! Can't you see the Lord working on your behalf? Where one door is closed, many will be opened. Trust Him!!! Sister C





















































c

Anonymous said...

That picked a great man. I am certain that they will be challenged and encouraged by the message that you share with them.

Thanks for being a continuing source of encouragement Ray!!

Stay Encouraged Bro!!

Rhone