Monday, April 9, 2012

68th Annual OKC BMA Simultaneous Revival


I am in Oklahoma City worshipping with the New Hope Baptist Church and their Pastor the Rev Dr. EJ Tyson as their evangelist for this week. The New Hope Church is a church full of love and overflowing with ministry that is generated by the mercies of God under the vision of their Pastor.

Please pray with us that this revival would be a time of refreshing for Pastor, People and Preacher. On my way today catching the plane in Midway, I had a unique experience. The security checkpoint line was longer and larger than I have ever remembered. I usually don't fly at this time of day so I normally avoid the lines and traffic but today it caught me.

I was stuck in a line that wasn't moving forward and it seemed like I had an eternity before I would reach my check-in point yet alone security. I was becoming frustrated when all of a sudden God told me to look back.

It caught me as strange at first because we are supposed to look back, we are always pressing our way forward. Looking backwards takes momentum away from heading forward but clearly I heard God say again Look back. Since I was stuck and wasn't moving forward anyway, i followed instructions and looked back.

I was amazed at what i saw. Although it seemed like I hadn't gone anywhere, I had progressed a long way. NO, I wasn't at the goal but I wasn't where I had started out either. Instead of complaining about what I didn't have or where I wasn't, I started thanking God that he had brought me farther along than I realized.

I leave that with you today. If you are stuck in life, stuck on your job, stuck in you education, stuck in you finances, stuck in a dead end situation and it doesn't seem like it is getting any better, take a minute to look back. You will be surprised how far God has brought you, how much he has kept you, how many ways he has made and how many doors he has opened.

Although things may not be going as fast as you would like, the Lord is still keeping you and while you are waiting for the blessing God has for you, he is still preparing that blessing for you and in due season................................HEY GLORY, I feel that right there.

Pray for us this week,

Owens

1 comment:

Rev. Barney said...

Brother is a RIGHT NOW word from heaven. I pray that God favors you and your preaching on this assigment. I have been trying to reach you by Phone for some time now.

It's good to know that you are well.