Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I Wet My Pants, Jesus Understands and Sympathizes

We have a Great High Priest, He is in PERSON, in POSITION and in PROVISION.



Come with me to a third grade classroom. There is a nine-year-old kid sitting at his desk, and all of a sudden, there is a puddle between his feet, and the front of his pants are wet. He thinks his heart is going to stop because he cannot possibly imagine how this has happened. It’s never happened before and he knows that when the boys find out, he will never hear the end of it. When the girls find out, they’ll never speak to him again for as long as he lives.

The boy believes his heart is going to stop, so he puts his head down and prays this prayer: "Dear God, this is an emergency! I need help now! Five minutes from now I’m dead meat." He looks up from his prayer, and here comes the teacher with a look in her eyes that says that he has been discovered. As the teacher is coming to snatch him up, a classmate named Susie is carrying a gold fish bowl that is filled with water. Susie trips in front of the teacher and inexplicably dumps the bowl in the boy’s lap. The boy pretends to be angry but all the while is saying, "Thank you, Jesus! Thank you, Jesus!"

Now all of a sudden the boy is the object of sympathy. The teacher rushes him downstairs and gives him gym shorts to put on while his pants dry out. All the children are on their hands and knees around his desk, cleaning up the mess. The sympathy is wonderful! The ridicule that should have been his was transferred to someone else, Susie. As the day progresses the sympathy grows better and Susie’s ridicule grows worse.

At the end of the day they are waiting for the bus. Susie has been shunned by the other children. The boy walks over to Susie and says, "Susie, you did that on purpose, didn’t you?" Sue whispers back, "I wet my pants once too."

Why is Jesus better than Susie? Jesus doesn't have to wet His pants to understand or sympathize.. Just because a person stands with you, it doesn't mean they know where you stand.

The High Priest would stand for the sinner and offer sacrifices for all the times the sinner had "wet pants". All "wet Pants are is "uncontrolled urges, impulse over ridden by desire, untrained or untaught flesh.

God told me to hold my peace but I just had to say something. WET PANTS! I know I should tithe but I couldn't resist the sale at Macy's. WET PANTS!

We have a GREAT HIGH PRIEST who is able to sympathize with us. Not as the High Priest did. You mess up, we cover it up, no sympathy. Not like the people who stand with us but don't know where we stand. I like women, man I do too, I feel ya. I need to give up cookies, man I do too, I feel ya.

I need the Great High Priest who was tempted on all sides and yet was without sin. He controlled his urges, he trained His flesh, He taught His nature and He didn't wet His pants. SO, since He lives in me, I CAN CONTROL MY URGES, I CAN WITHSTAND.

I Have a Great High Priest, and He understands Wet Pants.

Owens

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Coming to a sermon at Galilee real soon.

Thanks for the trailer Reverend!!!!

Sis. Gail Howard said...

Pastor Owens great and so was bible Study last night... Sis Gail

Sis. Gail Howard said...

Pastor I meant to say your Msg. was great...

Rev. Barney said...

I must raid your desk more often my brother. Love ya man.