Sunday, March 11, 2012

Congratulations to three Pastors and three Churches

I had a wonderful time in the Lord celebrating three victories today for Pastors and Churches. The first blessing was sharing with the New Salem Baptist Church family as they were celebrating their Pastor's First Anniversary, Rev Anthony Day Jones. We had a great time in the Lord as Macedonia came out in full support and our male chorus did an outstanding job.

The Lord allowed me to preach a sermon that was on my heart from Psalms 119:114, "I Have a Hiding Place". Normally, I don't take brand new sermons out of the house but God has been dealing with me as I have been studying the Book "Discovering Your Spiritual Center: The Power of Psalm 119 by David Teems. I pray we were a blessing to both Pastor and people as we shared that in the Word of God, we have a hiding Place.

While celebrating with Pastor Jones, the second blessing came. We received word that the Second Baptist Church of Dowagiac, Michigan called as their Pastor our friend and fellow blogger Pastor Eugene C. Staples SR. Pastor Staples is a wonderful preacher and visionary Pastor who will serve well. The Leading Lady Kelly Staples is truly a Proverbs 31 woman and will love and nurture everyone that she encounters. Our love and support go out to Pastor and People.

The third blessing came when I found out that FINALLY THERE WILL BE PEACE AT GREATER MOUNT OLIVE BAPTIST CHURCH, OKC. I have a new Pastor in the person of Rev. R.A. Douglas. It has been a long journey since the death of Pastor A. Glenn Woodberry until today. We witnessed the best and worst of people during this process but God has called the right man for the job.

I want to publicly say what I have privately sent to Pastor Douglas. He is now MY PASTOR. I pledge my FULL AND TOTAL SUPPORT to him and his family. I pray this will be a time of healing and restoration for my home church.

Since embarking on this Pastoral journey now entering my 5th Spring at Macedonia, I have followed one pledge as it relates to all Pastors, "If I can't help you, I promise I won't hurt you". That is my pledge to my Pastor Rev. Douglas, I will always seek to help you but pledge never to hurt you.

To the Greater Mount Olive Church Family, thank you for all that you have deposited in me that is helping to bless the Macedonia Church family and the city of South Bend.

To the Macedonia Church Family, I pray we can move on now away from the rumors, lies, distractions and fantasies to go back to doing the work of the Lord here in South Bend and throughout the World.

Owens

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

God bless you, Rev. Owens!
Sis. "C" at GMO

Anonymous said...

Great post Owens...what a blessing you are to the body of Christ. Praying God's peace and well being for your soul and spirit as you continue to serve God's people.

Keep looking forward, the best is yet to come my brother!!

Rhone

Anonymous said...

Well said cousin!!! God be praised for FOUR churches that includes yours!! Colin C.

Rev. Barney said...

Rev. You have always been a friend every since I met you. May God continue to strengthen you on this journey,