Thursday, November 24, 2011

I am Thankful

....the taxes I pay .... because it means I’m employed.

....the clothes that fit a little too snug ....because it means I have enough to eat.

....my shadow who watches me work ....because it means I am out in the sunshine.

....a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and ....gutters that need fixing ....because it means I have a home.

....the spot I find at the far end of the parking lot ....because it means I am capable of walking.

....my huge heating bill ....because it means I am warm.

....all the complaining I hear about our government ....because it means we have freedom of speech.

....the lady behind me in church who sings off key. ....because it means that I can hear.

....the piles of laundry and ironing ....because it means my loved ones are nearby.

....the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours ....because it means that I’m alive.

....weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day ....because it means I have been productive.

....Deacons with no vision and and no vitality....because it reminds me why I am a Pastor

....Church mothers who remind me constantly I need a wife....because it means someone is praying for my destiny

....Dressing, Sweet Potato Pie, Mac and Cheese, Ham Turkey and Brisket, Pound Cake and cookies....Because it must mean I am home.

The art of thanksliving. It is gratitude in action. Find a reason to be thankful

No comments: