Monday, April 12, 2010

I Love The Cleaners

I have been a little slow lately in the blogging arena as we thaw out here in the Bend and revivals and engagements start in earnest; however, we will get back on the ball. I will report my activities from the OKC revival later this week but today was my fun day. I went to the cleaners.

I know! I am touched! Special! On the short bus! Yeah, yeah, yeah, now with that said, I love going to the cleaners. I have been in revival all week, not to mention I was already at least two weeks behind in shirts and suits that needed to be cleaned so I piled up everything in the car.

Just a big pile of mess, junk, dirt and filth all in the car. The combined smells of Cologne, sweat, perfume, stank, (there is stink and then stinky, then stank) all radiated the atmosphere of the car as we rode to Rubin's Cleaners.

I had so many clothes with me that not only did it take three trips from the car to the door but I had overfilled my complementary bags the cleaners had given me. It was a smorgasbord of stains on the counter; lipstick(to the Macedonia members, that comes from you not any extra curricular activities on the Pastor's part), make-up, food stains, spilled beverages, crayons, snot and whatever else the girls put on me and just the things Pastor seems to bump into when I wear white suits on 5th Sundays.

No matter how much I brought, they took it. No matter how dirty it was, they took it, no matter how many times I mess it up, they still let me come back. I LOVE THE CLEANERS. The Cleaners remind me of the grace of God. In life, try as best as I can, I still mess my garments up. I get dirty, filthy stinky(stank) and need someone to clean me up.

What can Wash Away my Sins, Nothing but the Blood of Jesus, What Can Make me whole again, Nothing but the Blood of Jesus, Oh, Precious is that Flow, that makes me White as Snow, No Other Font I know, Nothing but the Blood of Jesus.

Ellis Island and The Statue of Liberty say "Give me your Tired, Your poor, Your Huddled Masses yearning to Breathe Free; God's Cleaners say, Bring me your Contaminated, Soiled, Your Stained and Unsightly Messes that Yearn to be Cleaned so you can breathe freely.

God never intended for you to walk in a disheveled mess, unhygienic and unkept, splattered by sin and soiled by the world. God has a cleaners that specializes in cleaning any and everything. You think your sin can't be cleaned. God's cleaners has cleaned many things. Adultery, cleaned! Fornication, cleaned! Drug Addiction. cleaned! An unforgiving spirit that caused a negative outlook, Cleaned!

Give your dirt and grime to the Lord, "Come now, let us reason together, says the LORD: though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool". Isaiah 1:18

I LOVE THE CLEANERS

OWENS

2 comments:

Ronald said...

One Sunday morning, I was nothing but five years old and my grandmother took me to the cleaners and I came walking down to the front with tears in my eyes and pain in my heart and the old country preacher took my hand and God in heaven took my heart and He’s been cleaning my sins every since…etc.

With uplifted hands,

Ron

Rev. Barney said...

It has already preched. By the way I went to the cleaners just this morning and I am going again, right now. Thank you my friend. Praise God for HIS SHOUT!!!!!!