Monday, December 14, 2009

Greater Bethel Pastor Aid Day

I took a break from my journey through Philemon this week as I was blessed to share with our brother and fellow blogger, Pastor Teron Gaddis and the Greater Bethel Church in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Besides my pastor, no other pastor has seen so many evolutions of my preaching development than Pastor Gaddis.

For almost 10 years, I have been blessed to preach Rev Gaddis' Pastor Aid Day. It was by accident the first time I covered it as an associate minister when my pastor's plane was delayed in California. Pastor Gaddis graciously allowed me to come and has extended that same grace to me for almost a decade.

Bethel loves preaching mainly because Pastor Gaddis is a great preacher himself. I was very anxious before the preaching moment but as usual God settled us in for the assignment. It was good to preach in front of my mother and my aunts. God knows mom has seen the worst from her son so I am grateful God has allowed her to live long enough to see a slight improvement.

I was also moved beyond belief to see a great number of Greater Mt. Olive members who came over to share with us. To top it off, members from Forrest Hill Missionary Baptist Church and New Beginnings Missionary Baptist Church from Forth Worth, Texas drove up to be with us Sunday. We had a great time lifting up the name of Jesus.

As usual, Bethel put on the "big pot and the little pot too" in their hospitality to me. I can't wait until God orders the time to allow Macedonia to meet Pastor Gaddis. I attempted to preach an encouraging sermon out of Jude 1:24-25. In spite of the preacher, God blessed!

Continue to pray for Pastor Gaddis and the Greatel Bethel family that God would give him the strength he needs to run on for the Lord.

Owens

1 comment:

Rev. Barney said...

Praise God for traveling grace.