Monday, March 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Pretty Girl





God has given me two special honors that I take very seriously, pastoring the Macedonia Church and being the Priest, Parent, Provider and Super Daddy to my girls, Rachael, LaBraia and Raven.
March 23rd is one of the special days in my life because it is the day God gave me my oldest daughter Rachael, born in Oklahoma City, OK at 7:17pm at Deaconess Hospital, 7lbs and 21 and half inches long. Scared to hold her and petrified I was going to do something to damage her, when I looked at her the first time, she became "My pretty girl". All of my babies are beautiful but Rachael batted her eyes at me long enough to know "I got him hooked" and then she wouldn't open them again for me for another 5 days. She trained me that day and I have been trained every since.
Rachael is the boss of the family, she fired me this year from hair duty, that's her job. She fired me from dishes, that's her job as well. She is the nurse, "Daddy, did you take your medicine", secretary, "Daddy what appointments do you have today", personal assistant, (the people who stand next to the President in the receiving line to tell him the name of the person who is about to shake his hand), Rachael can run down every name, family association, and cousin in Macedonia, thereby making Daddy look good.
I cannot thank God for my girls without also thanking God for the girls mother, Ramona. We were not able to sustain our marriage but God has used that experience to make me a better person and Pastor. I praise God that she has found happiness because she is the queen in the eyes of our princesses. Everything good in my life right now came from the hands of God through the vessel of Ramona(that includes my church as they interviewed her more than me, long story, another time and place).
Rachael, I am so proud of you. You are a wonderful daughter. Yes, I am a cry baby but every time I look at you, hear you talk, watch you reason, I praise God for the gift he gave me in you. The Lord has great things in store for you. How do I know? The Bible, goofy, it is always found in the Bible, whatever you need will always be found in the Bible.
1 Corinthians 2:9 (New Living Translation)
9 That is what the Scriptures mean when they say,
“No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him.”
God loves you and Daddy loves you as well. You are my pretty girl.
Keep running Baby,
Daddy

8 comments:

Pastor A. A. McGhee said...

What a marvelous tribute to an adorable little angel. You are the "Dad of the Year" hands down. Happy Birthday Rachael!

Rev. Barney said...

"Blessed is the man that has a quiver full, like arrows in the hand of a mighty man."

I applaude you for your love of your children and for the homage you paid to their mother.

all girls what a testamony to the power of God. My dad use to say, "anybody can hang the jewels on the outside, but it takes a real man to hang them on the inside."

I echo the sentiment of McGhee!!

Mrs. Ramona Y. Dindy said...

Okay so that was so beautiful! You know Rachael is the boss and she definitely has great things in store for her life. She has always been ten steps ahead in everything she does. She is definitely an over-achiever and a true mini Me and You. You do a great job with our daughters and they are blessed to have us both. Rachael knows we love her and will always do what's best to give her everything she needs!

Pastor Lance A. Mann said...

Pastor Ray, please let your daughter know that her family in Jersey says Happy B-Day.

Lance

Unknown said...

Ray,man this is powerful. You have a beautiful tribe of young ladies and the Lord has blessed your quiver. I pray that the Lord will continue to provide you with the wisdom, patience and love to teach and model before these adoring young ladies what a real godly father and man is so that when their time comes they will know just what kind of man they want to spend the rest of their lives with if they decide to marry.

God bless you for taking on such an unusual but honoring task.

Praying for you.
Tony R.

JR Smith said...

Ray,
You are a true man and most assuredly, a man of God. Continue to love, cherish, support, encourage and provide for the girls. You know that your life will be blessed more than you can imagine. Love you man and love my girls.

Uncle Joe - Oklahoma City, OK

Ronald said...

I knew you were cool for some reason. Pastor you are truly a blessed man of God. May God continue to bless you, your girls and their mother. What a wonderful/ cool praise report.

May God bless your daughter to have many more "happy birthdays" and wonderful moments with Him, her siblings and parents.

Your Los Angeles brother,
Ron

Reverend K Dewayne Moss said...

WOW! is all I can say at this point. As usual, you have allowed God to use you in encouraging somebody. Tell my neice I said happy birthday.... And brother, you know that I love ya man